NFA addresses Brave Warriors payments with government

warriors with geingob.jpeg

The Namibia Football Association (NFA) on Wednesday morning called on their government partners to come and explain to the players that all monies due to them will be paid as soon as the Association receives their money from the state.

Barry Rukoro, NFA Secretary General says ahead of the Brave Warriors departure to Senegal on Thursday for their 2017 Confederation of African Football (CAF) Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Group K qualifiers on Saturday, 3 September, he deemed it necessary to call on the Sports Commission and the Directorate of Sports to come and address the players.

“ These players are owed a lot of money for matches played and going into the Senegal game, it was becoming increasingly difficult for the NFA to keep telling the players the same thing,; we have not received our money from government yet; and so it is my responsibility to invite Walter Haseb and Shivute Katamba to come and explain to the players how the process of money release works”, Rukoro says.

Rukoro commended the players on their response to the matter and calls on them to remain professionals.

“It is not easy for the players but the way they handled themselves is exemplary. They understand the situation and will go to Senegal on Thursday with integrity and the ever present will to represent their country”, Rukoro states.

The Brave Warriors are out of contention for the 2017 Finals in with six points in third place ahead of the final group game at Group winners Senegal (15 points) after failing to travel to Pretoria due to lack of funds last week, the 11 local –based plyers will now join up the seven in South Africa to Senegal with a point to prove.

“I’m not happy with the preparation leading to this weekend but we have to remain professionals and deal with it and see how best to go around it. It is up to us to get the mentality of the players right”, coach Ricardo Mannetti states.

This week, captain Ronald Ketjijere and Peter Shalulile pulled out of the team due to injury concerns and Mannetti states that the remaining 18 will travel to Senegal: Max Mbaeva (Golden Arrows), Virgil Vries (Maritzburg United), Da costa Angula (Unattached), Chris Katjiukua (Golden Arrows) Ferdinand Karongee (Tigers), Tiberius Lombard (Tura Magic), Edmund Kambanda( UNAM), Oswaldo Xamseb (Tura Magic), Deon Hotto (Bloemfontein Celtic), Hendrick Somaeb (Unattached), Petrus Shitembi(Unattached),Absalom Iimbondi(Tigers), Larry Horaeb (Black Africa), Ananias Gebhardt (Jomo Cosmos) Africa), Wangu Gome (Bidvest Wits),Benson Shilongo (Platinum Stars), Dynamo Fredericks (Black Africa) and Itamunua Keimuine (Tura Magic).