Free transport for Dr. Hage Geingob Cup
Exactly ten busses will be used to transport football fans to the Independence Stadium next weekend for the 2016 Dr. Hage Geingob Cup completion that will see defending champions Mamelodi Sundowns, Orlando Pirates, African Stars and Tigers celebrate Namibia’s President’s 75th birthday in style.
The third edition of the Dr. Hage Geingob Cup will be played Saturday and Sunday, 06-07 August at the Independence Stadium with South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns and compatriots Olrando Pirates will face off in the second semi-final while MTC Premiership winners Tigers will take on last- year’s losing finalist African Stars.
And in the true spirit of the Harambee Prosperity Plan-no one must be left out-, the organizers have announced that free transport to and from the Independence Stadium on the 6th and 7th August.
“We have secured 10 busses that will pick people up from various points at no charge, this is because we recognize that the stadium is a bit far and thus want to make it effortless for people to get to and from the stadium and we want all Namibians in Windhoek to come and witness the best of football with the President as he celebrates his birthday, said Titus Kunamwene from the NFA. Dr. Hage Geingob turns 75 on 03 August.
On Saturday, 06 August, the programme starts of at 12h00 as the Baby Warriors take on Congo in the second round of the CAF U/17 AFCON qualifiers to be followed at 14h00 by the Tigers versus Tigers clash. Pirates and Sundowns will then take to the field at 16h00 to complete day-one action.
On Sunday, again at 12h00, Aweh Aweh vs Madiba will play in an exhibition match and at 14h00, the third-place playoff match will take play before the final match at 16h00.
Tickets for the prestigious humorous competition are selling from Computicket for N$20 for a double-header. However, fans can also purchase a N$30 ticket for both days.
The following bus stops in Windhoek will be used for free transport provision to the Independence Stadium, Saturday and Sunday, 10h00:
• Katutura Constituency (Owambo Bus Stop, Damara Bus Stop and Hakahana Bus Stop)
• Moses Garoeb Constituency (Ombili Bus Stop, Havana Bus stop and Monte Cresto (Near Municipality Dumping site)
• Tobias Hainyeko Constituency (Women Centre and Olyeeta Market)
• Samora Michael Constituency (Green Well Matongo Bus Stop, Oshakati Service Station and Goreagab Dam Bus Stop)
• Soweto Constituency (Shipena Bus Stop, Wanaheda Bus Stop, Soweto Market, Penduka Bus Stop and Maroela Pink House)
• Katutura Central (Katutura Central Shops, Malacca Draai Bus Stops, Single Quarters Bus Stop, Grys Block Bus Stop and Freedom Square Bus Stop)
• Khomasdal North (Augustineum Gate, 7 De Laan Bus Stop and All Otjomuise Bus Stops 1, 2 & 3)
• Windhoek West (Polytechnic of Namibia and UNAM)