We going to do it the hard way- Mannetti

national anthem.jpg
national anthem.jpg

The Brave Warriors will have to do it the hard way in Windhoek to overturn the 2-1 deficit against Comoros and progress to the 2018 CAF African nations Championships to be played in Kenya.

The Namibians lost 2-1 on Sunday at Stade de Moroni as the home side started with high intensity and hunger and Namibia could not contain them and led 2-0 at halftime. In the second half, Namibia came back much better and held their own and got the goal from the penalty spot from Hendrick Somaeb after Dynamo Fredericks was brought down on 68 minutes.

Somaeb could have made it two-all in injury time but he hit the upright to set up a tantalizing second leg at the Sam Nujoma Stadium on 20 August , 15h00.

“ They started stronger and had more chances and we now have to make it the hard way. We changed things and tactics second half and it paid off. The team responded well and we now have to do the job in Windhoek. Namibians should not panic and I remain confidence we can make the victory sweet in Windhoek”, Mannetti states.

Captain Ronald Ketjijere echoes the coach sentiments: “We need to covert our chances at home and today we conceded because of defensive errors and we could have forced a draw but it’s the game of football we keep our heads up”.

Comoros got their goals from Chadouli Mradabi and Mohamed Youssef. Mradabi scored on 41 minutes as they found space Namibian box and had the easiest of tap in at the after a goal line melee from Namibia.

Namibia tried to conjecture up an equalizer as Hedrick Somaeb free kick flew through only for the save hands of Comoros goalkeeper to collect ahead of Benjamin Nenkavu and Itamunua Keimuine.

In added time, Youssef scored got the second goal after Namibia’s goalkeeper Edward Maova went out to meet a long throw in, somehow missed it and fell to the head of the lucky YIoussouf to head home and leave the Namibians in tatters going into halftime.

Earlier on Somaeb came close with a free on three minutes but it was Comoros that threatened more with Mradabi down the right and Mohamed Youssef down the middle in fine form with combinations plays.

Petrus Shitembi also had a promising run down the right, cut inside the Comoros half and crossed onto the head of Somaeb and Nenkavu failed to connect at the back in front of goal.

Nenkavu eventually got the ball into the back of the net on 27th minutes but it was rightly disallowed for handball off defender Ferdinand Karongee.